Professional Development Room
Washington Elementary STEAM Magnet
I used the following technology and furniture to design this multi-purpose space.
- 24' L x 8' H Whiteboard Wall with Casio Short-throw Video Projector System and wall controls
- 65" Samsung TV connected to video projector as a second display or used as a stand alone data display or television.
- 10- Bretford 24x60" Flip Top Nesting Tables w/ casters
- 4- Bretford 48" Flip Top Nesting Half-Round Tables w/ casters
- 1- Bretford 24x48" Connections Presentation Station w/ white laminate for doc cam
- 1- Bretford 4 leg table 30x60" w/ casters (kitchen area)
- 24- Bretford Explore Chairs w/ casters
- 5- Existing sofa chairs and coffee table
Nesting rectangular tables and stacking caster chairs provide flexibility to repurpose space
Using two half-round tables for a small group
Four collaborative groups
Single tables by the windows
Two rectangular tables with two half-round tables as end caps
View of 65" Samsung TV connected either as a separate display or TV, or used as a second display with the Casio video projector. The five blue sofa chairs and coffee table provide a comfy space for a smaller group.
Door view entering room, default room set up
Half-round flip-top table used as end with rectangular flip-top nesting tables
Round Table Set up
Single tables angled to the white board wall
Single tables facing the whiteboard wall
Wilson Art Laminate table tops -
Cornflower Milk Paint
Used an original Presentation Station that I designed for the SDUSD i21 Technology Initiative with teacher laptop and document camera. Cables run to cabinet to control audio amplifier/speakers and new video wall control.
I would like to thank the following people for their leadership and participation in this project.
- David Crum, Principal at WES
- Nicole Paquette, Admin. Assistant at WES
- Mack Jackson, Building Site Supervisor at WES
- Jerry Van Wey, President of Integrated Technologies Group
- Dean Smith, President of D&D Security Resources
- Shawna McIntosh and Rodger Ashworth, Resource Teachers at WES
- Leah Pantea, Art Teacher at WES