Wafuu translates from Japanese to English as "Japanese Style." To make a wafuu table you will need a table with short legs. In the example here, we used a round activity table where we have simply taken off the adjustable legs. Add some durable soft pillows and you have a traditional Japanese style table in your classroom.
Adapted Wafuu Round Table
Cheryl David 3rd Grade
- Tip Table upside down
- Use allen wrench to unscrew legs
- Ask the custodian if he has any cap glides from other tables that would fit over the legs?
- If not, you can make a small cross slit in four tennis balls to be your base.
- For pillows, DO NOT buy cloth covered pillows! They go flat fast and get very dirty in a classroom environment.
Note- See my latest recommendations for cheap vinyl and dense foam solutions at Floor Pillows/Cushions.
- For the boat cushions, cut tags off pillows so students will not tug on them and loosen stitching. Also cut off the black carry straps.